According to Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears are expected to place Kevin White on season-ending injured reserve next week, in lieu of adding him to the active roster.
The Chicago Bears have been hoping to activate Kevin White but that won’t happen after all. The former first round pick will be placed on season ending injured reserve ending his season. White’s recovery from August surgery to repair a stress fracture in his left leg has progressed as the team had hoped, if not better. The young receiver has made marked improvement with his movement, shown signs of burst as his running has increased and worked through bouts of weakness in his left leg to gain more confidence in his acceleration and agility.
White, the No. 7 overall pick in last spring’s NFL draft, has been on the physically-unable-to-perform list since the season began. Officially, the Bears face a Tuesday deadline to activate White to the 53-man roster. The most likely scenario, however, is that he will retain his PUP status and go back to working through his recovery off to the side with the Bears’ trainer and strength and conditioning coaches.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- MLB DFS October 25: World Series Game 5 ift.tt/3mmDIaa
about 1 hour ago
- Who Should The Jets Pick With Their Second First-Rounder? ift.tt/3dYdkjT
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Week 7 Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-dr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kkKgpnzbqC
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report: Andrew Kamienski, WR, North Central College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/andrew…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- NFL DFS: GPP Plays, Game Stacks, and Dart Throws for Week 7 ift.tt/31HdQxR
about 4 hours ago