Connect with us

NFC

Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham says he will be blocking 75 percent of the time in Seattle

Jimmy Graham says he will be a blocking tight end in Seattle

Jimmy Graham says he will be a blocking tight end in Seattle

Jimmy Graham is the best receiving tight end in the NFL, but will the Seahawks line him up as a blocker? On Monday, Jimmy Graham told reporters that he will be a blocking 75 percent of the time, but the other 25 percent of the time he will make money. 

“I’m blocking here,” Graham told reporters on Monday, via comments distributed by the team. “Out there the last few I was pretty banged up so midway through the year I kind of stopped blocking . . . . Now here, I’m blocking quite a bit and I love it. It’s very important for me to be a part of that here because that’s about 75 percent of the offense here, and when you have a back like [Marshawn Lynch] you want to be in there on those explosive runs, and you want to be a part of that.”

The other 25 percent of the time, Graham will be the guy we’ve come to know in New Orleans.

“Third and 10 is when I’m going to make my money and that’s when I’m going to have to be special for this team,” Graham said. “Down there in the red zone. That’s just what I’ve always done. I’m doing the most down there.”

NFL Draft Diamonds was created to assist the underdogs playing the sport. We call them diamonds in the rough. My name is Damond Talbot, I have worked extremely hard to help hundreds of small school players over the past several years, and will continue my mission. We have several contributors on this site, and if they contribute their name and contact will be in the piece above. You can email me at nfldraftdiamonds@gmail.com

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

RSS NFL Draft Diamonds

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Lawson Hall, LB, Nevada

By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...

That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jerome Howard, Owner, Dynamic Performance Development

By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State

When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Noah Daniels, CB TCU

POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...

More in NFC