James Harrison knows what it is like to work for something in your life. He was told by major colleges he was too small to play in the NFL and even at the collegiate level. He beat all odds and worked hard to get into the NFL as an undrafted guy and turn into a star for the Pittsburgh Steelers. The five time All- Pro went nuts on social media after he found out his children brought home a trophy for participation for playing sports. Harrison believes that a trophy should be something you earn by being the best, not something you receive just for trying.
“I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies!” Harrison wrote. “While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I’m sorry I’m not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I’m not about to raise two boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best…cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better…not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy.”
While many people in America will disagree, I am one hundred percent on board with this statement. I too agree there should not be a reward for participating. Only the winner should get a reward. Children need to know that the world is cruel. You don’t get a job because you were the second best in the real world. It sucks, but it is reality. We try to protect our children too much now a days to ensure they feel good. They need to know what it feels like to lose to motivate them to do better.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Tyler, OLB, Princeton University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/jeremi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 2, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- ICYMI:Is it time for the Minnesota Vikings to rebuild? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/viking… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/dl84BHEXYr
about 58 mins ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Prospect Interview: Bradrick Shaw, RB, Northern Iowa nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/bradri… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BbROSVOM1t
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Prospect Interview: Josh Wilkes, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/josh-w… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/QHieMn534w
about 1 hour ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...