According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, contract talks between the Falcons and WR Julio Jones “stalled significantly” last week, but Falcons owner Arthur Blank mentioned yesterday that they are getting closer to an agreement with WR Julio Jones, despite the Mortensen report.
“There’s no hold up at all,” Blank told Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. “It’s just the process that you have to go through. It’s a bit of a dance. He’s got a very good agent with experience. We have a great relationship with [agent Jimmy Sexton]. That [agency] has signed the last two big receiver contracts done in the league. We’re committed to Julio, who is committed to us. We’re getting close to where we need to be.”
Julio Jones is a sleeper this year in Fantasy Football. I think he will end up balling out for the Falcons in 2015. Blank even gave his star wide receiver a free mention to Mercedes Benz when they named their stadium rights.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 15, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:Von Miller is reportedly under investigation for domestic violence, but his ex says he never became phy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Anthony Sams Jr, DE, Campbellsville University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/FiySOR26Jb
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Did Atlanta Falcons do Raheem Morris dirty? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zUxJ3Lk26F
about 3 hours ago