Chris Mortensen has been highly criticized for his tweet that was sent out on January 20th that read, “NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each,” sent out by the highly respected NFL journalist. The tweet was deleted on Tuesday.
The tweet was retweeted by more than 14,000 Twitter users, which is Mort’s most famous tweet.
The information in the tweet was proven to be incorrect by the Wells Report, which showed all 11 of the Patriots’ footballs used in the AFC Championship Game to be within two pounds per square inch of the requisite 12.5 PSI, according to at least one of the two gauges used by NFL officials.
Patriots owner Bob Kraft cited the erroneous report in saying “this entire process” in the wake of “an initial erroneous report,” a few days after Mortensen canceled an appearance on WEEI’s Dallas & Callahan Morning Show some 17 hours after he claimed to be “still trying to figure out” Twitter on ESPN Radio’s Dan Le Batard Show. It only took six and a half months, but he finally figured it out, according to WEEI.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Many players declared to return to school and that is going to help out many players who are declaring. The draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- Syracuse freshman defensive back Cornelius Nunn was arrested on gun charges in Miami nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/cornel… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/x1CEztjHC2
about 24 mins ago
- Urban Meyer officially hired by Jacksonville Jaguars as Head Coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/urban-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7NZob5AudU
about 32 mins ago
- Breaking: Titans are signing WR Mason Kinsey to a futures contract nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mason-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TjptESZmxj
about 2 hours ago