Tonight the San Diego Chargers announced they reached an agreement with quarterback Philip Rivers. It is a four year extension keeping him a Charger until 2019.
The deal is worth $84 million with $65 million in guaranteed money, per Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
San Diego was reportedly going to franchise-tag Rivers in 2016, had it not inked him to a long-term extension prior to the 2015 campaign, per NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport (via NFL Media PR).
This is a great move by the Chargers to ensure their guy retires with a Bolt on his helmet.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 2, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Carolina Panthers are hosting former Minnesota Gophers LB Jonathan Celestin for a workou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Tyler, OLB, Princeton University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Preseason Musings Ahead of 2021-2022 Season nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/nfl-pr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1mKdOU9BMP
about 24 mins ago
- Jonathan Celestin, LB, NFL Free Agent | Workout Video | Best LB available
#Panthers new LB
youtu.be/ywmboPech_Q via @YouTube
about 1 hour ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...