ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Jon Fassel, the son of former head coach Jim, and the current Special Teams Coordinator for the Rams was boogie-boarding near Manhattan Beach in the Pacific Ocean this past Wednesday and joined forces with another surfer, Jim Burton, to rescue an unidentified man from drowning in a riptide, on the final day of Burton’s vacation.
Me and Jim said he was less than 30 seconds away from not being able to hang in there. But it all happened so fast. Major kudos to Burton, the Manhattan Beach lifeguards and fire department paramedics. It was seriously amazing how fast they got on the scene. When we got him in, and he had the help he needed, we were high-fiving and celebrating.
Responding staff said the job that Fassel and Burton did was amazing and a commendable and courageous act of altruism.
Manhattan Beach acting battalion chief Derek Edmonds told Adam Schefter that paramedics transported the rescued man to a local hospital for further evaluation. The man also received IV fluids, medication and electrocardiogram exams when he was pulled ashore.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YdKQoDTlfO
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Corey Brown Jr., DT, Valdosta State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Detroit Lions worked out DT Cavon Walker today
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago