Today, the NFL announced they changed the rule that cost the Dallas Cowboys and Dez Bryant a playoff win.
NFL rule regarding the status of a catch prevented the play from being upheld, since Bryant was deemed not to have made what the league referred to as a “football move”.
As a result, the NFL has decided to rewrite the rule while maintaining the tenets of the original, according to Fox Sports analyst and former NFL Vice President of Officiating Mike Pereira on Twitter:
A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Predicting a trade: Patriots send a couple picks to the Texans for WR Will Fuller nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/will-f…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting a trade: Jets trade to Quinnen Williams to Cardinals for a two draft picks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/quinne…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Week 7 QB Index: Baker Mayfield jumps into the top 3 with his amazing performance nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-7… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 32 mins ago
- Week 7 Recap: San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots ift.tt/3kz2SC7
about 35 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for October 27, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago