2016 NFL Draft Scouting Notes: Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
By Lijah Spencer (@tweaked74)
As we continue with the Defensive End position we take a look at a player who had 7.5 sacks and 1 interception as a junior, and considered entering the 2015 Draft but instead chose to return to school, here are my notes on Shilique Calhoun:
Shilique Calhoun. 6’5. 250 lbs. DE. Michigan State
1) Calhoun is an athletic player, with a mix of speed and power
2) Shows an ability to split double teams
3) Has multiple pass rush moves including a good spin move
4) Good speed rush
5) Shows ability to diagnose the plays correctly
1) Limited playing time until last season
Shilique Calhoun is going to be high on my watch list this upcoming season. He plays with a good mix of power and speed, and uses a multitude of pass rush moves which include an impressive spin move and a good swim move to keep his blockers guessing. He has the quickness and agility to split double teams, and is a solid tackler. He didn’t play much his freshman season, but once becoming a starter last season he produced 7.5 sacks and had 1 interception which he returned about 35 yards before being caught and tackled. If he plays at that level or better this season he should be a high draft pick, and I believe he has the potential to be a quality player at the NFL level.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former NFL football player arrested in connection to a possible homicide of his missing girlfriend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ProfessionalRegularGuy, Marquette King - AirBnB youtu.be/u30CRy7J0w0 via @YouTube
about 47 mins ago
- Kansas City standout high school football player Terrell Bell shot and killed | Only 15 years old… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...