2016 NFL Draft Scouting Notes: Jalen Ramsey, Safety, Florida State
By Lijah Spencer (@tweaked74)
Moving along with the safety position in scouting notes today we look at a player who became the first player since Deion Sanders to start a game at Cornerback, he has since moved to safety. Here are my notes:
Jalen Ramsey. 6’1. 201 lbs. Florida St. Safety.
1) Good speed
2) Good blitzing ability
3) Good tackling ability
4) Always trying to strip the ball
1) Inexperienced at safety, but plays it well and still improving.
Jalen Ramsey is an athletic player who started his college career playing Cornerback (became the 1st true freshman to start at corner since “Neon” Deion Sanders in the mid 80’s) but has since moved to the safety position. He has very good speed, and blitzes the QB well. He is good in coverage, with enough speed to cover WR’S. He tackles very well, and is adept at stripping the ball when bringing down the ball carrier. There is no guarantee that he enters the Draft as he is only a junior, but he is expected to be one of the top defensive players in the country and if that holds true he very well may decide to declare for the NFL Draft, if he is injured or for some reason struggles this year, he may opt to return to school.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Touchdown twitter.com/mattparrino/st…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kevin Thomson, QB, Sacramento State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 28, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/myKHqrNzGy
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jack Badovinac, OG, Colgate University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/jack-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brendan Nichols, DL, West Liberty University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/brenda…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago