2016 NFL Draft Scouting Notes: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State University
Tonight we begin the Running Back segment of scouting notes. Again, these notes are based off from last year’s film, and will precede the full scouting report which will come after I view games from the upcoming season. Tonight we take a look at Ezekiel Elliott out of Ohio St, here are my notes:
Ezekiel Elliott RB. 6’0 225 lbs Ohio St
1) Has good speed.
2) Runs with power, able to break tackles
3) Has good field vision, making the correct read and cut.
4) Good pass catching ability
5) Appears to cover the ball properly, limiting fumbles.
1) Pass blocking needs to improve.
As you can see, my negatives list at this point is rather short. Elliott runs hard, breaking tackles, jumping over tacklers, or just outrunning the defenders. He plays through illness and injury, and comes from a family of athletes. He has the size to be a productive player at the NFL level, and if he plays at this level or better this upcoming season, Elliott could be the first RB taken in the NFL draft.