Last May, New York Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall signed a three-year, $30 million extension with the Chicago Bears, but he was almost dealt last season to a different AFC East team. Marshall wanted more money, and the Bears were looking around.
“I could have played for the Patriots last year,” Marshall told ESPN 1000 on Friday (via the Chicago Sun-Times). “There was an opportunity where there probably could have (been) a trade before the season.”
“It was weird. Marshall says trade talks with the Patriots heated up shortly before he broke bread with Whoopi and friends.
“It was my agent and the Chicago Bears because there was a little tension on the contract stuff,” Marshall said. “I thought I was worth a little more. … There were a couple of teams that were offering more money.
“It never got that far, but there was a possibility with a couple teams.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Are good defenses Lamar Jackson’s kryptonite? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/lamar-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4UZAu9caSp
about 19 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivan Mertilus, DB, Los Angeles Valley College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ivan-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes became the fastest QB to reach 10,000 yards passing in just 34 games… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:Browns QB Baker Mayfield has always had a stacked offense, when will he step up? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/baker-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago