According to the Associated Press, the state of Georgia has a new bill that was passed today making it a crime punishable by up to a year in prison to entice a student athlete to break NCAA rules for money. That bill is called the “Todd Gurley Bill” according to the report.
Deal’s office said Thursday that he had signed House Bill 3, numbered to reflect the jersey number of the famous former University of Georgia running back who was kicked off the Bulldogs’ football team for four games last fall for accepting money for autographs.
Gurley was a leading contender for the Heisman Trophy last year when he was suspended for accepting money from a memorabilia dealer for autographs: $400 on jerseys and other items. Then he suffered a year-ending knee injury his first game back and announced in December he’d end his collegiate career to put his name in the hat for the NFL draft.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z0x3E3jK0L
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- One of the best players in the FCS! He tore it up this year @Cameron7Ward is a manimal! twitter.com/uiwfootball/st…
about 3 hours ago