Former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman has a job, but it is not in the NFL or NCAA were he has worked for the past 33 years. Instead, he took a job with a high school team in Cape Cod. If you remember correctly, Mike Sherman worked with the Packers, before taking a job at Texas A&M. Sherman worked with Ryan Tannehill for the Aggies and then followed him to the NFL to work with him for the Dolphins. Sherman is now happy to coach some high schoolers.
“I guess I’d say, why not?” Sherman told Bill Higgins of Cape Cod Times. “I’ve been fortunate financially over the years, which is allowing me to do this. Back in January I was looking for a place to have a football camp this summer and Nauset High School came up. Then I heard they were looking for a head football coach.
“It took me a while to pull the trigger,” said Sherman. “It hasn’t been an easy decision because I wanted to make sure I was all 100 percent in. The kids deserve that from their coach. I’ve loved coaching in the NFL and college for the last 33 years, but I am definitely looking forward to working with the kids at Nauset.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This is one of the best tweets of advice to any prospect. Pay attention and look at them. Speak from the heart.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Zack Mesday, LB, Temple University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/zack-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 60 mins ago
- ICYMI:Josh Butler, DB, Michigan State | Free Agent Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/josh-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WQPgWGtPnu
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Former NFL Scout feels the receiver with exceptionally long arms will be a star in the NFL | Devonta Sm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Ohio State Football: Who is The Next Great Quarterback at Ohio State? Film Analysis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago