Let’s go back to 1982, when the New England Patriots were 2-3 and could not withstand another loss in their division. They were hosting the Miami Dolphins who would go on to the Super Bowl.
The night before the game, the NFL made an emergency plan to allow a snowblower to clear the field at 10-yard intervals during breaks in the action, because of the amounts of snow and ice that was piled on the field.
With 4 minutes 45 seconds left in the fourth quarter, the score was 0-0. The New England Patriots drove down to the Dolphins’ 16-yard line. The Patriots were facing a fourth down and when the field-goal unit came on, a man named Mark Henderson drove the sweeper onto the field. But instead of sweeping only the 20-yard line, Henderson veered three yards wide, across the 23, where Matt Cavanaugh would hold the ball for placekicker John Smith.
Don Shula the Dolphins head coach went nuts but it did not matter, the Patriots kicker nailed it through the uprights and the Patriots won 3-0.
P.S. – The Snow Blower man received a game ball…..
Pretty interesting right?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Tennessee Titans vs. Minnesota Vikings ift.tt/3mMCc29
about 19 mins ago
- Last Chance:Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago