There is no way you can tell me that he didn’t have anything to do with the two assistants deflating the ball. While Tom would not turn over his cell phone and text messages, you can’t really blame him.
Brady is not forced to release his phone, this is not court or for a murder trial, so why tell on yourself. At the end of the day though, the NFL punished Tom Brady with a suspension of 4 games. Many may feel that is a big suspension, but I feel the NFL did him a favor. Shoot, Terrelle Pryor was suspended for five games and he was not even in the NFL when he was in trouble. Pryor actually had to agree to the suspension just to enter the Supplemental Draft.
The five-game suspension was a condition given Pryor by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for entry into the supplemental draft. Pryor, who can attend player meetings during that stretch, was amenable to the mandate. So in this case, Brady actually was able to get off lighter than Terrelle Pryor.
Pryor was willing to cooperated with the NFL, while Brady was not. So what I think happened was the NFL slammed the Patriots organization just to save the Legacy of the MVP himself. The Patriots were fined one million dollars which is the largest fine in NFL History, but chump change to Robert Kraft. The NFL also took a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick from the team.
“Here, there are several factors that merit strong consideration in assessing discipline,” the NFL’s statement said. “The first is the club’s prior record. In 2007 the club and several individuals were sanctioned for videotaping signals of opposing defensive coaches in violation of the Constitution and Bylaws.”
So technically, the NFL slammed the Patriots organization, but it ultimately feels like they did it to save the pretty boy.
What do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 14, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Florida TE Kyle Pitts | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/kyle-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5MDYAB3pyb
about 21 mins ago
- Seven teams attending Ohio State for Justin Fields
about 27 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ry Schneider, C/G, Oklahoma State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ry-sch… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Please keep the Toon family in your prayers. Al Toon the legendary Jets WR's daughter was shot and killed in a mur… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago