Former Oakland Raiders first round pick Phillip Buchanon wrote a book “New Money; Staying Rich” and what the former 17th overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, wrote was disturbing. Buchanon says that his mother had calculated he owed her approximately $1 million for spending 18 years of her life raising him.
Below is an excerpt from the book (h/t Fox Sports):
In the excerpt, the former NFL cornerback talks about family members, particularly his mother, coming to him for money after he was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in 2002. Buchanon says his mother told him he owed her $1 million for raising him.
“Well, that was news to me. If my mother taught me anything, it’s that this is the most desperate demand that a parent can make on a child. The covenant of having a child is simply that you give your child everything possible, and they owe you nothing beyond a normal amount of love and respect. There is no financial arrangement.”
If this is true, this is crazy!! I know that Buchanon is trying to tell the story to make others aware, but I am not sure this is the right way to do it?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 49 mins ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- ICYMI:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Dc7Xo5tOsS
about 2 hours ago