The San Diego Chargers have been rumored to the Tennessee Titans, and one of the biggest supporters of this trade scenario is now backing away. Peter King of MMQB.com, has been saying for the past several months, he could see the Titans trading for Rivers, but now he is pumping the brakes.
I don’t think the Chargers will trade Philip Rivers. Just a gut feeling after lots of time calling around over the weekend. Now, I do think the Titans and Chargers will talk this week, but I don’t see a smart match; moreover, as I’ve written all along, San Diego definitely does not want to trade Rivers, and I believe the Chargers have never been told Rivers won’t sign a contract in San Diego beyond this year—though he does not want to currently. I believe Tennessee would want more than the 33-year-old quarterback for the second pick in the draft, and if I’m San Diego GM Tom Telesco, I’m not willing to offer any more. Rivers is a sure thing, for three to five years anyway. Marcus Mariota is 12 years younger, but is not a sure thing.
I see a little change of heart Peter…
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cheaper By The Dozen: NFL Week 3 DFS Value Plays ift.tt/2S1MSvU
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:Trumaine Johnson went from the highest-paid CB to getting released from a team’s practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:If Broncos win with Blake Bortles, what does that say about Drew Lock? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/drew-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 25, 2020; Roster Cuts, Signings, and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football Friday FLEX: Joshua Kelley, RB, LA Chargers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joshua… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/aTyowufgPo
about 56 mins ago