The Miami Dolphins have made some bad decisions with money considering their contracts they recently were able to get rid of. They splurged in free agency signing Dannel Ellerbe, Mike Wallace and Phillip Wheeler and none of those players are on their roster this year. Now the team has to deal with Dead Cap.
What is Dead Cap?
“Dead money” is essentially used salary-cap space for players who are no longer on the roster. The Dolphins have an NFL-high $23.699 million of this year’s cap allocated to players who will not help the team this season.
The Saints and Ravens are not very far behind the Dolphins though.
Top five NFL teams in dead money
|Miami Dolphins||$23.699 million|
|New Orleans Saints||$21.651 million|
|Baltimore Ravens||$20.803 million|
|Kansas City Chiefs||$19.968 million|
|Detroit Lions||$17.318 million|
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Bengals unveiled their New Uniforms | Do you like them? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/bengal… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5a8rsxTe53
about 7 mins ago
- ICYMI:North Texas commit Willie Simmons a standout linebacker shot and killed in Austin, Texas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Alex Smith is retiring from the NFL
about 56 mins ago
- Why do you have to comment negatively on the article? You sound upset, may I pray for you? twitter.com/dontcallmerick…
about 59 mins ago