Everyone feels the Buffalo Bills need to draft a quarterback, and they definitely need to bring in competition, but CJ Spiller feels former firat rounder EJ Manuel learned from Kyle Orton last year.
“He learned that you can’t be buddy buddy with everybody,” Spiller said. “You’re the face of the franchise, you’re the quarterback so you have to demand everything…I think early on he didn’t really didn’t understand how to step on guys’ toes. Once Kyle took over, he saw what Kyle did and it helped him.
“He’s a tremendous worker. The guy comes to work every day, prepares unbelievably. He’s in there first, last one to leave, so he has all that stuff. It was just that buddy buddy. You know how it is, you come in with some guys in your draft and you don’t really want to step on their toes. As I told him ‘You’re the quarterback you have to (step on guys’ toes) and I think he learned that.”
This sounds sorta like a shot at Manuel, but it could be a valuable learning lesson for the former FSU player.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Freshman Georgia High School football star Le’ontae Coates shot to death nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/leonta… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HCGWO9G8mM
about 37 mins ago
- Top Fantasy Streamers for Week 3 ift.tt/2HnGltj
about 47 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaac Parks, P, UNC Pembroke nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaac-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bGjwp11Pzr
about 58 mins ago
- This is what the HBCU needs twitter.com/craighaley/sta…
about 1 hour ago
- #BillsMafia takes the lead, can they hold on for the W twitter.com/nfl/status/130…
about 4 hours ago