Cleveland Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters on Tuesday that they have “declined to volunteer” as the featured team on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” series, according to ESPN. Pettine said protecting QB Johnny Manziel from public scrutiny played into their decision to not volunteer for the show.
“We discussed everything that was involved with it. That was certainly something we needed to consider,” Pettine said, via Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland. “…I wouldn’t say (concern about Manziel) loomed large. You just weigh everything in. Because being a part of Hard Knocks, knowing they’re going to look to cover the team’s biggest, current storylines. It’s obvious that he would be a point of attention.”
According to Tony Grossi of ESPN, the Browns have met with HBO producers here at the owners meetings in Arizona and expressed their concerns about doing the show and how it could impact Manziel.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Alabama Spring Game 2021 | Bryce Young Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/alabam… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/T7u5aPbQUI
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jordon Scott, DT, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jordon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Rico Report: Rico sits down with Former Buffalo Bills Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos | Bes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:Man accusing Aaron Donald of assaulting him apologizes after seeing the video… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago