Specifically, the Broncos are expected to use the “nonexclusive” tag on Thomas. The team could have used the “exclusive” tag that would have prohibited the player from negotiated with other teams, according to the Denver Post.
The “nonexclusive” tags makes it possible for other teams to negotiate with Thomas, although the Broncos would have the right to match any offer. Moreover, should the Broncos decide against matching an offer, the team signing away Thomas would have to compensate Denver with two first-round draft picks.
The franchise tag will present Thomas with a guaranteed one-year salary of $12.797 million (based on the projected $143 million salary cap) for the 2015 season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Browns wide receiver Ricky Feacher arrested in Florida on drug charges nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ricky-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins ift.tt/2RERMP3
about 54 mins ago
- ICYMI:Ohio’s most decorated high school running back Marquael Parks arrested on felony charges… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- ICYMI:Louisiana High School football standout Remy Hidalgo died this morning after collapsing on Tuesday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago