Vince Wilfork the five-time Pro Bowl selection told WEEI-FM’s Dale Holley, via the Boston Herald, on Thursday that he worked too hard to return from an Achilles injury last season to hang up his cleats now.
“I’m already looking forward to next year to see if we can do it again,” Wilfork said. “… I still have a lot of football in me.”
Wilfork is no longer a Pro Bowl-caliber player, but he was still excellent against the run while leading the Patriots‘ defensive line in snaps in 2014. The problem is can the Patriots afford him. He is due 8 million dollars next year. That is a lot of money for a guy that is not a Pro Bowl caliber player that is 33 years old and overweight.
The Patriots were able to get to the Super Bowl because the guy did a great job at clogging the middle, but do you think they can keep him?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Wes Bowers, LB, Georgetown University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/wes-bo… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/LpGuNvGc6b
about 28 mins ago
- NFL Draft Order has been updated, As of now the Cowboys have the fifth pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-dr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Damn go Ahead Klein twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 38 mins ago
- LeBron James Signs Extension with Lakers ift.tt/3qnbuPB
about 48 mins ago
- Former NFL 1st round pick arrested for DUI, BAC limit was almost 4 times the legal limit with a child in the back s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago