Today the Pittsburgh Steelers saved 9.5 million dollars. They restructured three contracts for Marcus Gilbert, Mike Mitchell and Maurkice Pouncey.
Per multiple reports, safety Mike Mitchell has also agreed to restructure his deal as the Steelers try to create more cap room for the 2015 season. Mitchell was due a $2 million roster bonus that will be converted into a signing bonus along with a portion of his salary in order to spread his cap hit out over the life of the five-year deal he signed last season.
Center Maurkice Pouncey is also expected to finalize a restructuring of his deal. He’s due a $3.75 million roster bonus and was set to count $8.1 million against the cap. Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Steelers are expected to clear a little less than $10 million from their 2015 cap as a result of the three moves.
The team will also let Jason Worilds test free agency. It looks like the Steelers are getting ready to pay Big Ben some big time money.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 20 mins ago
- ICYMI:Five Fantasy Diamonds in the Rough from Week 1 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9zgDQaXozc
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Colts are expected to work out DE Mike Onuoha nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Rjvlx2zumK
about 27 mins ago
- Yankees’ Home Run Outburst Shatters Records ift.tt/2Ejafhe
about 33 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts ift.tt/2RBdHXq
about 33 mins ago