The New York Giants have released running back Peyton Hillis. Hillis was brought on midway through the 2013 campaign after David Wilson suffered his career-ending neck injury. The former Broncos, Browns and Chiefs back piled up 362 yards at 3.7 yards per clip over the past two seasons, operating primarily as a short-yardage thumper for the G-Men.
With Rashad Jennings and Andre Williams ahead of Hills on the depth chart, he was likely a candidate to be released anyway. The team will likely look for another back in the draft or free agency. I would expect them to have more than 3 running backs on their roster. The Giants could try to sign a scat back who can run and catch out the backfield.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 2 Preview: San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Jets ift.tt/3ccYtBz
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:All the Reasons that Make NFL Football One of the Most Popular Sports in the World… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GtBwehIOvt
about 50 mins ago
- This shows humbleness. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now he is on a practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Raiders could be down a linebacker this week, I wonder if they pull up a practice squad guy! Should know soon
about 1 hour ago