This debate is getting interesting, about who is the best quarterback in the draft. Today Todd McShay said that Jameis Winston is the best quarterback in the draft since Andrew Luck, and now his counterpart who many feel is a better talent evaluator says he is scared of Jameis.
Mike Mayock was on ESPN Radio’s “Mike and Mike Show,” and was asked what he would do with the first pick if he were making decisions for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: take Winston, take Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota or trade the pick.
“I don’t know yet,” Mayock said. “I take (Winston) No. 1 from a talent perspective. I’m all over it from a talent perspective, but I would have to do more homework off the field because, right now, he scares me. He was the face of Florida State football, and he continued to make bad decisions off the field.”
Winston — whose Pro Day is March 31 — threw for 3,907 yards and 25 TDs during the 2014 season. But he also tossed 18 interceptions, tied for second-most in the nation, and that also gives Mayock pause.
“I think Jameis throws way too many interceptions,” Mayock said on the show. “Obviously, he has the ability to close games. … He was at his best when the best was needed and I give him credit for that. But he threw (a combined) seven interceptions vs. Louisville and Florida, and it could have been 14 if the other team could catch the ball. He throws the ball up for grabs, in my opinion, way too often. That’s my big issue with him on the field.”
Mayock also said that Mariota has never ran a pro style offense which scares him. It sure sounds like the debate will continue to have it’s ups and downs as the draft nears.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Update, Nursing an ankle injury will he be good to go?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago