The Buffalo Bills missed out on an opportunity yesterday to sign the veteran quarterback they envisioned as better than Kyle Orton in Josh McCown. Well after McCown signed a three deal with the Browns, the Bills were stuck with former first round quarterback EJ Manuel as their only QB on the roster. The Bills will need to find another quarterback, and they have already been saying that they will not pursue Sam Bradford.
Well if that is the case, the Bills options are not very good. They will be able to pick from Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker and Michael Vick. As of right now those are their best options, and if you look at analytics none of them make a lot of sense for the Bills. Sanchez might be the best one of the bunch, but there are rumors floating around that Chip Kelly truly want Marcus Mariota. Being that the Eagles gave him the rights to all their football transactions, this move could very well be happening. Kelly has been in love with Mariota and if he watched him at the Combine he was in love with the kid he brought to the University of Oregon, that made him successful for the Ducks. Well if that happens and Kelly moves up to draft Mariota, the Buffalo Bills could have an option in Nick Foles.
Foles is a former third round draft pick of the Eagles, who had an amazing campaign in 2013. Even though Foles fought some injuries in 2014, he is still a very solid option for the Bills. Foles accolades speak for themselves, considering he is only 26 years old.
- Pro Bowl (2013)
- Pro Bowl Offensive MVP (2013)
- NFL Passer rating leader (2013)
- 2× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
(Week 6, 2013; Week 9, 2013)
- 2× FedEx Air Player of the Week (Week 6, 2013, Week 9, 2013)
- NFC Player of the Month (November 2013)
- 60th Perfect Game in NFL History
(November 3, 2013 vs. Oakland Raiders)
- Ranked #70 in “Top 100 of 2014”
- 7 touchdown passes, single-game (Tied)
- 27:2 TD-INT ratio, regular season
- 152.8 passer rating in a calendar month (November 2013)
I don’t know what the Eagles will want for Foles, but if the Bills can give up a 2nd rounder or even a 2nd rounder from next year the Eagles would be making out for him, since they did draft him using a 3rd round pick back in 2012. The Bills need a quarterback and while EJ Manuel might be the guy the Bills want to groom, is he truly ready? The Bills could land a quarterback that can guide them deep into the playoffs, especially if he can stay healthy.
With the Bills defense under Rex Ryan and the team’s approach of ground and pound, Foles would be a great option. He does not turn the ball over much and he is a solid passer. Sammy Watkins numbers would go up and the Bills might be able to get to the playoffs for the first time since 1999.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Detroit Lions worked out DT Cavon Walker today
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Corey Brown Jr., DT, Valdosta State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago