Brandon Bostick was released by the Packers, but the young man had to endure a lot more than that after the biggest game of his life. In an interview Brandon Bostick did with Monday Morning Quarterback SI.com, he stated that he received death threats from fans.
Former Green Bay Packers tight end Brandon Bostick said he received death threats after he botched the onside kick recovery in the NFC Championship Game against the Seattle Seahawks and that a former NFL player who went through something similar has helped him deal with it.
“I knew it was a key mistake that cost us a trip to the Super Bowl,” Bostick wrote in a first-person account for The MMQB website. “But, with all due respect, I think the media kind of took it and ran with it. I became the singular scapegoat. Social media didn’t help, either.
“I don’t know how many death threats I received, but there have been a lot. I still haven’t read most of the messages that people sent me, but I want to so I can deal with the consequences and use it as motivation. But it is physically impossible for me to read every troll’s comment; the volume is simply too much. So their comments sit there, untouched, maybe forever.”
Some fans go a little too far, and this is horrible. Hopefully he will be able to rebound after the incident.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Frustrations Build in Boston ift.tt/2HyM6V5
about 18 mins ago
- Molina Milestone Opens Door to Cooperstown ift.tt/333pW5x
about 18 mins ago
- Did You See This:Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:20 players from the XFL found a way to stick on NFL rosters, More to come? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/xfl-35/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago