Tony Gonzalez was once the most touted tight end in the NFL, but after retiring last year, the studio analyst for CBS said he is done with the NFL.
He admitted to being approached by two NFL teams that he would not identify. He added that, “I’m done, and I’m enjoying what I’m doing. It’s been a dream come true for me to make this transition.” This according to Randy Covitz of the Kansas City Star.
When Tony was asked wither he would consider returning if a Super Bowl contender was knocking on his door, he replied with this,
“If I could be like the third-string tight end, and I don’t have to get in the game, and I can get a ring, yeah. If there was a team out there in need of a tight end, they better go somewhere else because I’m about 230 pounds now and I’m afraid I’d get crushed out there on the football field.” added Gonzalez, who played at 251 pounds.
So here is my question, if you were a head coach and made it to the Suoer Bowl, would you sign Tony as a bench player to win a ring?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aidan Hogan, TE, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/aidan-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/2qsiTyJ7DF
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:49ers coach says George Kittle could come back soon if they are playing meaningful games… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jordan Davis, DT, University of Georgia nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jordan… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football: Week 13 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/n1MZRIt8RV
about 1 hour ago
- Red Sox Free Agent Target: Taijuan Walker ift.tt/39y1tJq
about 1 hour ago