The NFL made two more changes for this year’s game, which will be played at 8 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN at University of Phoenix Stadium. Here’s a look at the two changes this year, followed by a list of the wrinkles implemented in 2014, according to ESPN.com
Teams will be allowed two timeouts per quarter instead of three per half. If a team uses just one timeout in the first or third quarters, it can carry the remaining timeout to the second and fourth quarter, respectively.
The goalposts in each end zone will be narrower, from 18 feet wide to 14 feet wide.
A reminder of the changes implemented in the 2014 game:
The media will choose an offensive and defensive MVP.
There will be a two-minute warning in the first and third quarters.
Possession will change hands after each quarter.
There won’t be kickoffs. A coin toss will determine initial possession, and the ball will be placed at the 25-yard line at the start of each quarter and after scores.
Rosters will include 44 players on each team.
Defenses will be allowed to play Cover 2 and press coverage. Teams used to be allowed to play only man coverage, except for goal-line plays.
Starting at the two-minute mark of each quarter, the clock will stop if the offense doesn’t gain at least 1 yard, similar to an incomplete pass.
The clock will start after incomplete passes on the signal of the referee, except during the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half.
A 35-second/25-second play clock will be used instead of the usual 40-second/25-second play clock.
The clock will not stop on quarterback sacks outside of the final two minutes.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Southeastern Louisiana QB Cole Kelley wins Walter Payton Award | Offensive Player of the Year in t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:Southern DE Jordan Lewis wins Buck Buchanan Award for Best Small School Defensive Player… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Case Cookus, QB, Northern Arizona University | 2019 NFL Draft Prospect H... youtu.be/lkbbjEWNN18 via @YouTube Broncos new QB
about 1 hour ago
- Zach Von Rosenberg signed a deal with the Vikings per his IG!
about 2 hours ago
- It would be great if @Falcons and @BlankFoundation would bring in @TheyLoveMyHair_ and give him a legit shot. You… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Akayleb Evans. Together we...
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...