The Cleveland Browns had a Pro Bowl tight end last year in Jordan Cameron. He was expected to garnish a very huge pay raise in the off-season, but that has all came to a halt. Cameron has missed 5 consecutive games already this year and is likely to miss another game this year.
“I love football and I can’t play it,” said Cameron, who’s listed as questionable for Sunday’s home game against the Colts.
Coach Mike Pettine believes Cameron, who’s participating in practices, has one more test to complete this week. Cameron’s concussion protocol calls for two consecutive symptom-free days. Last week, Cameron had a minor setback and didn’t travel with the team to Buffalo. He had suffered from headaches in previous weeks. Now he’s “waiting on the word,” which has taken longer than expected, possibly a byproduct of Cameron suffering three concussions in three seasons.
He missed Week 2 with a shoulder injury. Cameron’s 250 receiving yards and one touchdown through three months is not the production he envisioned entering free agency in March.
“Hopefully I can get out there and help this team,” Cameron said. “The protocol they are very serious about, as they should be, and it takes time.”
Cameron doesn’t consider his concussion outlook worse than it was weeks ago, but admits the setback “isn’t helping” with free agency.
“I just want to be with my teammates,” Cameron said. “I’m not thinking about the contract right now.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Washington Football Team vs. Cleveland Browns ift.tt/2GaB5Zc
about 10 mins ago
- Poor Sam twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 21 mins ago
- Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/41mldUqRcl
about 43 mins ago
- Stand firm and continue to do what is right! Even when you are attacked! https://t.co/bCfqVHbpVG
about 55 mins ago