The Chicago Bears gave up on Henry Melton after last season and when Melton signed a one-year deal with the with a three-year option, he knew the Bears were on the schedule. On Thursday at Soldier Field, Melton will return and he is ready.
“I don’t want to say it’s been circled, but I’ve been looking forward to it,” Melton said.
Melton’s return to Chicago isn’t the only reunion. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli was with the Bears from 2009-12. The Bears have four players (Jeremiah Ratliff, Danny McCray, Terrance Mitchell and Dante Rosario) and four coaches (Joe DeCamillis, Reggie Herring, Paul Pasqualoni and Skip Peete) with ties to the Cowboys.
“Sometimes it happens when someone goes there and then they know a lot of guys and then maybe a couple of coaches will go there and then sometimes players follow because when you’re looking for players, ‘Yeah, I had that guy in Dallas. He’s a good player. He can fit for us,’” coach Jason Garrett said. “Sometimes that happens and that adds a little momentum to the flow of players there.”
I expect the Bears to get blown out this Thursday, but hopefully I am wrong.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I’m proud of you! Would love an interview after the game! twitter.com/sarahfuller_27…
about 31 mins ago
- Interesting twitter.com/tompelissero/s…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Friday Night NFL Injury Report for Week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/R80xLphniN
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Chris Carson Injury Update, Will he return in week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/chris-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago