Marv Levy knows what it is like to be an old coach in the NFL. The former Buffalo Bills hall of fame coach now has some advice for Tom Coughlin and the Giants staff, who have been runored they need to go younger.
“Chronological age is only an approximation of your functional age,” former Bills coach Marv Levy told Bob Glauber of Newsday. “Tom is older than most of the guys coaching now, but he’s still going great. Age, to me, is just a minor factor.”
Coughlin turned 68 in August. Levy walked away from the Bills when he was 72, and realized he regretted it immediately.
“My only advice for Tom is to do what your heart tells you,” Levy said. “If he has the passion and love for the game, there’s no reason to stop coaching. . . .
“Tom is still in good shape, still loves coaching, and it looks like the passion for the game is still there.”
I wish Levy would come backing the Bills sideline, shoot I would take Coughlin too haha.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/dijon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens ift.tt/2Gd5aI1
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting the Stat Line of North Dakota State QB Trey Lance in his final game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/north-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- This is a great piece by our newest contributor @TheNewAthlete go follow him and learn more about working out and h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago