Brian Clarke was a very solid football player for Bloomsburg University, who was able to land a contract with the Dallas Cowboys. The problem is Clarke is now facing prison time according to ESPN.
Prosecutors say they broke up a mail-order steroids ring whose participants included three prison guards, a probation officer and former NFL football player who signed with the Dallas Cowboys this year and was recently cut.
The state attorney general’s office announced charges against 13 people, including Brian Clarke, an undrafted free-agent offensive lineman who was released by the Cowboys after suffering a groin injury.
The prison guards and probation officer worked at county facilities in northeastern Pennsylvania.
The ring was described in a police affidavit as “an ongoing, sophisticated and comprehensive criminal organization” that assembled raw material from China into pills or injectable form. Some of the defendants were accused of selling prescription drugs.
The charges against Clarke, who played at Bloomsburg University, included the possession and delivery of anabolic steroids.
A search of an apartment in Bloomsburg in June produced thousands of steroid pills and capsules, hundreds of vials that held liquid anabolic steroids, raw steroids, shipping materials and chemical lab equipment. Another search of a home in Berwick found similar evidence, as well as $445,000 cash in a basement safe.
Most of the defendants were charged with possession of steroids, participation in a corrupt organization and conspiracy, but some also were charged with manufacturing steroids, drug delivery and other offenses. One defendant was charged with only a single count of possession of steroids, while others faced 10 or more counts.
A 14th defendant was charged with drug-related offenses but her alleged crimes were not related to the purported steroid and prescription drug rings, the attorney general said.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Adam Mannie, SS/LB, Missouri Southern University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago