Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson talked to Tom Pelissero of USA Today and admitted he was wrong to use the switch to hit his child. He seemed pretty remorseful in this interview. What do you think?
“I won’t ever use a switch again,” Peterson said. “There’s different situations where a child needs to be disciplined as far as timeout, taking their toys away, making them take a nap. There’s so many different ways to discipline your kids.”
While he’s been painted as the worst kind of person after pictures emerged of the welts on his 4-year-old son’s legs from the tree branch he used to whip him, Peterson insisted the remorse he feels is real, and he hopes to repair the relationship with his son.
“No one knows how I felt when I turned my child around after spanking him and seeing what I had left on his leg,” Peterson said. “No one knows that Dad sat there and apologized to him, hugged him and told him that I didn’t mean to do this to you and how sorry I was.
“I love my son. I love my kids, my family. Like I said after I took the misdemeanor plea, I take full responsibility for my actions. I regret the situation. I love my son more than any one of you could even imagine.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Browns QB Baker Mayfield has always had a stacked offense, when will he step up? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/baker-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Breaking: Former Florida Gators RB Mark Thompson will workout for the Panthers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mark-t… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- MLB Postseason Preview: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians ift.tt/346cKMM
about 45 mins ago
- Red Sox Targets: Trevor Bauer ift.tt/2Gks5B7
about 45 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Small School Prospect Rankings with over 980 Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/U8lF7zRCAA
about 51 mins ago