Ray Rice’s two-day hearing for his appeal ended on Nov. 6. Former U.S. district judge Barbara Jones, who is overseeing the appeal, requested that both Rice and the NFL’s lawyers present their closing arguments to her, and the case has now been under review for roughly 10 days, according to La Canfora. Jones’ ruling is expected before Thanksgiving.
La Canfora reports Rice has been advised that if he is reinstated, teams might not be willing to sign him given his situation, “even potential playoff teams in need of a running back.”
Rice is appealing the indefinite suspension handed to him by commissioner Roger Goodell on Sept. 8 following the release of footage showing Rice punching his then-fiancée Janay in an Atlantic City casino elevator.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 30, 2020|Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Matthew Marvin, OT, Stonehill College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/matthe…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Did You See This:Packers legend Herb Adderley passes away at the age of 81 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/herb-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Allen Lazard injury update, How long could he miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/allen-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Calvin Ridley injury update, How bad is the star WR’s foot injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago