In an effort to recruit new users, the daily fantasy sports website FanDuel has hired Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman to endorse one of its play-for-cash fantasy football contests. The FanDuel contest charges a $10 entry fee, pays a $5,000 prize to its winner, and it is advertised on both Richard Sherman’s personal twitter account and Facebook account.
Richard Sherman is not the first professional athlete to endorse a daily fantasy sports website, as he follows in the footsteps of Ray Rice, who endorsed games for the now defunct Fantazzle, and Pablo Sandoval, who maintains an ongoing business relationship with Fantasy Aces.
Nevertheless, Richard Sherman’s sponsorship with FanDuel is noteworthy in two respects. First, Richard Sherman is the only athlete to endorse a fantasy sports game for the dominant market share leader, FanDuel. Second, Sherman’s game advertisement is the first to explicitly reference entry fees and prize money in an unveiled manner.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryder Burchett, OL, University of Saint Francis (IN)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryder Burchett, OL, University of Saint Francis (IN) - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/ryder-… @BurchettRyder
about 41 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Anthony DiDonato, FB, Notre Dame College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/anthon… @DiDo__41 @NDCFB @NotreDameOhio
about 42 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chandler Zavala, OL, Fairmont State University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/chandl…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Michael Sims, QB, Morehouse College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/michae… @MikeSims_ @Morehouse @MorehouseFB
about 43 mins ago