Since starting the season 5-1, San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers has completed 63 percent of his passes for 788 yards, with 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. He’s been sacked nine times, posting a 76.0 passer rating. The Chargers are 1-3 during that stretch, but he enters Sunday’s contest with 34,913 career passing yards, needing just 87 yards to hit 35,000.
Rivers said he’s been dealing with general soreness, like all players, this time of year, and clarified that Gates’ comments were an attempt to protect his quarterback from criticism for his uneven play the past four weeks. Inconsistent pass protection and a lack of a running game have been more of a contributing factor to Rivers’ struggling performance of late.
It will be interesting to see if Rivers can get the Chargers moving again. We know for sure he will break the 35k mark this week, so Congrats early Philip.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- #BillsMafia twitter.com/damondtalbot/s…
about 14 mins ago
- God Bless You All! #GoBills #BillsMafia https://t.co/6bBJ3C4vdj
about 29 mins ago
- Sorry fans, but the Atlanta Falcons are f***ed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/falcon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wgclLRhZzs
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago