The San Diego Chargers announced on Saturday that rookie first-round draft selection Jason Verrett has been placed on injured reserve with a shoulder issue. The TCU product suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder against Oakland last month, and he’s scheduled to have surgery next week.
Verrett had surgery in March to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Verrett played in just six games, finishing with 19 tackles and an interception that helped seal a win against the Raiders.
The Chargers used Verrett’s roster spot to add edge-rusher Melvin Ingram to the active roster. The South Carolina product was placed on the injured reserve designated to return list on Sept. 20 with a hip injury.
The team also released DE Cordarro Law, who was impressive during the pre-season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fourth-quarter. The Bills are up by 11. That interception hurt big time, but this is how you find out about good football teams.
about 31 mins ago
- Bills and the third quarter....
about 32 mins ago
- Corey Bojorquez just blasted a 72 yard punt and it was downed on the 3. WOW
about 33 mins ago
- They keep saying, Sean McVay has never come back from down 18. He has never come back. Let's see
about 36 mins ago
- Justin Freaking Jefferson
about 37 mins ago