In the past interviews in Tampa Bay, Lovie Smith was pretty quick to say who his starter was moving forward. Well after this week’s disappointing performance, the head coach admitted he was about to make a switch in the Browns game back to the former Bear Josh McCown.
“It’s always week to week with what we do,” Smith said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “We look at who we think gives us the best opportunity to win this week. Last week, Mike will be the first one to tell you, he’s played a lot better than he played [Sunday] and Josh is healthy and ready to go right now. … Right now we’ll see who’s available. We have a couple days and kind of go from there. How we match up, the play in practice this week. History, also — last time we played, everything comes into play with that. And then it’s just a feel at the end on who gives you the best chance.”
The Buccaneers need to give McCown another shot and if he cannot get it done then put Glennon back in. At this point the Buccaneers need a boost and Glennon is not getting that done.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/41mldUqRcl
about 32 mins ago
- Stand firm and continue to do what is right! Even when you are attacked! https://t.co/bCfqVHbpVG
about 44 mins ago
- 20 players from the XFL found a way to stick on NFL rosters, More to come? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/xfl-35/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Fantasy Football Sleepers for Week 3 ift.tt/3i147rB
about 59 mins ago
- If Broncos win with Blake Bortles, what does that say about Drew Lock? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/drew-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xL8nDCXG6h
about 1 hour ago