The Buffalo Bills were on the outside looking into the playoff pucture which they have not tasted since 1999. Well after last week’s horrible performance were the Bills gave away a game to the Chiefs, Nate Hackett and the Bills once again cost themselves a playoff spot.
Let’s review some plays that make you scratch your head on the play call.
If you have noticed the run, run, pass, punt, method used by the former Syracuse playcaller, it switched up lately. The Bills became more aggressive on some play calls, but they did it at the wrong time.
During the Chiefs game the Bills were down by 4 points with their ball on the 20 yard line, with three time outs and 2:40 left on the clock. The Chiefs shut down the 3rd down play, and instead of kicking the field goal and kicking it off hoping to get the ball back and get into field goal range, the Bills called a timeout. Then went for it on 4th and 10. That was the key to the first loss.
Last night the Bills were very similar. While the team was playing against more than the Dolphins (Refs), and the Bills still had a chance to stay in the game. With 9 minutes left the Bills were 45 yards away from the endzone and had a 4th and 6, they decided to punt the ball. This type of play call is elementary, because the Bills were down by two scores. Then the Bills were faced with a 4th and 9 from inside their 20 with 2 minutes left and the Bills decided to go for it, turning the ball over and allowing the Dolphins to put more points on the board.
Hackett fails to put the ball in rookie Sammy Watkins hands and focuses his gameplan on one thing. This week’s focus was the screen pass to Bryce Brown. He had like 10 receptions, a few weeks ago the Scott Chandler show, then we had the Sammy Watkins show. All of those are good, but why cannot we utilize them all in the same week?
I do not know what is going, but the Buffalo Bills need to get rid of Nate Hackett. He has been horrible all year long, and we have been stating it all year. Maybe now people will finally agree with us.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Tevin Singleton, DB, Bowie State University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/40nnaEMtokY
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Bn0B4ckeh
about 36 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- ICYMI:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WjyWxpoygh
about 1 hour ago