Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
NFL announces Adrian Peterson is suspended without pay for the rest of the 2014 season.
Peterson pleaded no contest earlier this month to a charge of misdemeanor reckless assault for disciplining his 4-year-old son with a wooden switch. He will have three days to appeal the suspension.
Commissioner Roger Goodell ruled that Peterson, a star running back, would not be considered for reinstatement before April 15. He told Peterson in a letter that the timing would be determined by Peterson’s submitting to counseling and treatment.
Goodell told Peterson: “The difference in size and strength between you and the child is significant, and your actions clearly caused physical injury to the child. While an adult may have a number of options when confronted with abuse — to flee, to fight back, or to seek help from law enforcement — none of those options is realistically available to a four-year old child.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wfTOpZ9woN
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Adam Mannie, SS/LB, Missouri Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/adam-m…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago