That was the expected outcome after a long investigation, though the 49ers do not come out of this thing looking completely clean.
San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald will not face domestic violence charges in connection with a dispute at his San Jose home in which his pregnant fiancée was reportedly injured, Santa Clara County prosecutors said Monday.
San Jose police had arrested and jailed McDonald on suspicion of felony domestic violence after responding to his home on Bentley Ridge Drive early Aug. 31, after a 30th birthday party that McDonald had thrown for himself. Investigators said his fiancée had “visible injuries.”
But after a lengthy review, the office of District Attorney Jeff Rosen declined to file charges, citing insufficient evidence.
“Conflicting versions of the incident, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses, and a significant lack of cooperation by Jane Doe (McDonald’s fiancée) left investigators uncertain exactly what happened,” Rosen’s office said in a news release.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Sorry fans, but the Atlanta Falcons are f***ed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/falcon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wgclLRhZzs
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Last Chance:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Last Chance:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago