Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
49ers LB Aldon Smith might be first player to not only not be paid during season but to pay to play – $661,000.
This happened because Aldon Smith did not fulfill his obligations according to Pro Football Talk.
Ed Werder of ESPN reports that the reason the suspension wasn’t shortened is that Smith didn’t fulfill his obligations when it came to counseling that the NFL told him he needed. Smith missed five games during the 2013 season to undergo substance-abuse counseling, but he and the league are apparently at odds over counseling the NFL believes he still needs.
Smith was also required to perform community service during his suspension, and according to Werder, Smith actually did more than required of him on the community service front.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Packers former General Manager Ted Thompson passed away at the age of 68 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ted-th… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Did You See This:Doug Marrone to become O-Line Coach at Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/doug-m… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BiEOE9eBmQ
about 19 mins ago
- Did You See This:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Nick Sirianni had two brothers both were football coaches. Their dad was a football coach too. His brother Mike is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago