The Steelers signed cornerback Cortez Allen to a five-year, $25 million dollar contract on the eve of the season opener. Seven weeks later, they have benched him and will start free-agent signing Brice McCain Monday night against the Houston Texans.
Scott Brown @ScottBrown_ESPN
Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau all but says Brice McCain will start over Cortez Allen at CB on Monday.
McCain was signed to a one-year, $730,000 contract in the spring after spending his first five seasons with the Texans. Allen earned the starting job coming out of training camp last year and missed consecutive games after injuring his ankle in the opener. After he came back from the injury, he started against the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets before coming off the bench six of the next seven games. He then regained his starting job for the final four games.
The Steelers defensive coordinator is not ready to give up on him yet, but did the Steelers make a mistake?
“He’s still basically a young player,” defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said. “He’s at a difficult position. Sometimes, there are ups and downs out there. I have great confidence that he’ll fight himself through this and be a very strong player.”
I want to know what the Steelers fans think? Let us know in the comments section below and tell us what you think.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How serious is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 mins ago
- Check out 2019-20 Panini Mosaic Hanger Box LOT OF 5 - Zion? Ja? Genesis? Reactive Orange ebay.com/itm/1144812591… @eBay
about 1 hour ago
- The four contenders For Michael Thomas’ Services ift.tt/2Hxh7Jd
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Two players the Eagles front office should keep an eye on this weekend nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/eagles… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Week 7 Preview: Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals ift.tt/2ToiEnq
about 3 hours ago