The Carolina Panthers have quite a bit of money invested in their running backs, and this week not one of them will suit up. DeAngelo Williams ($6 million), Jonathan Stewart ($4.85 million) and Mike Tolbert ($3.35 million) represent 12.52 percent of Carolina’s 2014 salary cap are expected to miss this week. All three — Williams (ankle), Stewart (sprained knee) and Tolbert (IR, fractured leg) — will miss Sunday’s game against Chicago.
They will be replaced by Darrin Reaves ($370,000), Chris Ogbonnaya ($435,882) and Fozzy Whittaker ($495,000), who represent 2.36 percent of the salary cap.
These running backs are not getting paid much, but I expect them to make the most of their reps. I cannot see how the Panthers can beat the Bears with these running backs starting. The Bears will have to force these running backs to beat you. I would not give up the passing lanes, I would force their hands. It is crazy that all three of their running backs for tomorrow’s game does not equal 1/3 of any of their starting back’s salary.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Could Texans RB David Johnson miss the remainder of the season? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Check him out college coaches twitter.com/jeudyjason/sta…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Colts punter Rigoberto Sanchez reveals that he has cancer and requires surgery nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rigobe…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Samuel Cosmi, OT, University of Texas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/samuel… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Update, Good news, he did not tear his Hamstring… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago