The Carolina Panthers have suspended Greg Hardy their amazing pass rusher until his domestic violence case is over in the court of law. Well that might not be until at least the 2015 season, according to Pro Football Talk.
Hardy’s jury trial on domestic violence charges has been postponed. It had been set for November 17.
A judge previously found Hardy guilty via a preliminary trial so informal that the court doesn’t even create a transcript of the proceedings. Hardy has agreed to, as a practical matter, a suspension with pay pending the resolution of his case. He’s continuing to receive weekly installments of his $13.1 million franchise-tag salary.
According to the source, Hardy resisted the postponement. He wants to get the case behind him, so that he can return to football. Due to be a free agent after the season, Hardy will have a hard time making the case for a big contract on the open market if he hasn’t played since September.
This is monstrous, because Hardy is in a contract year. Someone will likely give him a huge deal, but the Panthers might need to Franchise him again if they want to keep him.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Congrats Chiefs fans! Must be nice. See you next year!
about 6 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/srpgZ4OZxw
about 7 hours ago
- Horrible illegal block in the backfield
about 9 hours ago