After Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly was penalized and ejected from Sunday’s loss to Green Bay for making contact with an official, injured teammate Chase Blackburn referred to the call as “complete bull” on Twitter.
A day later, Blackburn was still upset with the ejection of Kuechly, and called on the league to issue a statement saying back judge Steve Freeman erred in judgment.
“I would be disappointed if they didn’t issue a statement on it, in reality,” Blackburn said Monday. “Officials are held accountable, too. That’s how I look at it.”
Well Chase, it happened. According to Ed Werder of ESPN, the NFL admitted they were wrong.
Ed Werder @Edwerderespn
Source: #NFL informs @RiverboatRonHC that Luke Kuechly shouldn’t have been ejected, wont be subjected to a fine for contact with official
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Announcement UPCOMING Pro Days: 2020 MFE Elite Virtual Pro Days w/ Zybek Sports nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/announ…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marcus Hawkins, LB, Sacramento State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:2010 NFL Draft Re-Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/2010-r… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pZKIgtNR8r
about 34 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dontè Simmons, RB, Delaware Valley University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/donte-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago