In an interview with WFAN’s Mike Francesa, New York Giants middle linebacker Jon Beason said that he hopes to play after the bye week against the Indianapolis Colts on Monday night, but that he will have to first get clearance from his foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson and that surgery might be his best long-term option. Beason called it 50-50 right now whether he returns this year.
“I’m still deciding if the smart thing is to go ahead and get it fixed and get ready for next season,” the injured linebacker said.
Beason was in North Carolina to visit Dr. Anderson after leaving Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys in the first half. It was the second time this season Beason suffered a setback after breaking the sesamoid bone and tearing ligaments in his right foot this spring.
“I talked to Dr. Anderson [Tuesday] and he wants to continue to look at the MRI and the CT scan and see what the options are,” Beason said. “He wants to do what’s best for me, obviously, but at the same time he knows that, hey, I want to play, and if I can play, I want to do whatever I can to make sure I can line up on the field against the Colts next week.”
Thankfully the Giants signed Jameel McClain this offseason.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Football: Week 3 Waiver Wire nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7LoOuxwV0u
about 18 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Target Leaders After 2 Weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/target… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B35w1ssd9c
about 20 mins ago
- 10 Takeaways from Week 2 of the 2020 NFL Season ift.tt/3hUEDMk
about 35 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Colts are expected to sign TE Ethan Wolf and TE Hale Hentges to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago