Former Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Grant Mason has been charged with receiving and concealing stolen property and intent to pass a false vehicle title in Michigan.
According to CBS Sports, he was arrested trying to board a flight.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Wednesday that the 31-year-old Mason was arrested Monday while trying to board a flight from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Canada.
The arrest follows a two-year investigation into a stolen Audi Q5 that was intercepted at the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit after being sold online for about $30,000 to a buyer in Canada. The Canadian buyer was able to stop payment on the check after learning of the scheme.
Mason, a native of Pontiac, Michigan, played cornerback in 2007 for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was arraigned Tuesday and jailed in Detroit. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 3 mins ago
- They had Marcus Johnson in for a visit and he signed with the Colts it looks like twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/st…
about 4 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Bills are signing TE Nate Becker to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nate-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- Did You See This:Bears legendary running back Gale Sayers has passed away at the age of 77 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/gale-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 13 mins ago
- Did You See This:Bills signed RB Antonio Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Tx7WwsEcuu
about 20 mins ago